How to use Otipax® ?
For pain relief in acute otitis media with intact eardrum, usual dosage is 3 to 4 gouttes of Otipax® in the auditory canal 2 or 3 times a day. Treatment must be limited to 10 days. After time, you will have to see the doctor again to reassess the initial diagnosis.
Adults can also suffer from acute otitis media. It is usually barotrauma otitis (developed during a flight or scuba diving, see section about "acute otitis media").
Otipax® is also suitable for adults at the same dosage as for children.
Useful tips :
To have a better administration, tilt your children's head opposed direction when administering the product. Otipax® drops also go down to the bottom of the auditory canal through the eardrum. The position must be held for several seconds after administration. To avoid contact with cold liquid in the ear, it is recommended to heat Otipax® bottle between hands before use.
Storage conditions for Otipax® :
- The storage period for Otipax® is 3 years (unopened bottle). Once opened, Otipax® can be used for 1 month. Otipax® must not be used after the expiration date.
- Otipax® must be stored at a temperature of less than 30 °C.
- Otipax® must be stored out of the sight and the reach of children.
- Perforated eardrum : the treatment must not have direct contact with the middle ear. In that case, it is important to consult a doctor.
- Hypersensitivity to one of the drug components.
- For athletes : the product contains an active substance which can give a positive reaction to antidoping tests.